How to Remove Photos from Echo Show
Originally, Echo devices were intended to feature audio control only, allowing you, the user, to instruct Alexa to do whatever you want it to do. That’s until the introduction of the Echo Show, which you could describe as the tablet version of the Amazon Echo.
The Echo Show lineup is a little different from other Alexa devices, with more customization options and a screen to display the weather, give you recipes, and display your favorite photos. If you have an Echo Show, keep reading to learn how to remove photos.
How to Remove Photos from Echo Show
The Echo Show is capable of syncing personal photos with a few services. For example, you can link your Prime Photos account, your Facebook account, or upload photos from your phone. If you choose to link your Facebook or your Prime Photos accounts you can see daily photos from years past. No matter where Alexa is getting your photos from, you can easily remove them.
For all of its customization options, perhaps you don’t want to showcase your personal photos for everyone to see. If that’s the case, follow these steps to remove your photos from your Echo Show:
- Open the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet. Tap on Devices at the bottom.
- Tap on Echo & Alexa.
- Now, tap on your Echo Show in the list.
- Tap on Photo Display.
- Toggle the options off next to Daily Memories and This Day. These options show you photos from your Prime Photos account if you’ve enabled the feature.
- Tap on Uploaded Photos.
- Tap the checkmark next to any photos you’d like to remove from your Show’s display.
- If you’d like to disable the Uploaded Photos function altogether, tap the toggle switch in the upper right-hand corner.
Now, the photo or photos you don’t want to see on your Echo Show will no longer appear.
More Background Options
Perhaps you don’t want your personal photos displayed on your Echo Show. Or, you may want to change them up. Whatever your home screen goals, we’ll discuss photo alternatives in this section.
Home Screen Background
Like any touchscreen device, you can set a new background for your Echo Show. In fact, you can personalize the entire on-screen visual experience to a greater extent than you might think.
- To change the appearance of the home screen, just swipe downwards from the top of the screen and then tap the gear icon (settings).
- Navigate to Clock & Photo Display in this menu and then tap Clock.
- Select one of the available options. If you want to display your photos, tap on Amazon Photos, Facebook, or Photo from your phone.
Adding Home Cards
What is Amazon Home Cards anyway? Android phone and tablet users may see a resemblance to widgets. Essentially, the Echo Show is equipped with more useful features than the mere clock and background. With Home Cards, you can display Messaging, Reminders, Notifications, Upcoming Events, Trending Topics, Weather, Drop-In, and other features on your home screen.
You can set these to shuffle continuously (the clock will no longer show up all the time) or to pop up whenever a notification arrives. Go to the settings screen again (gear icon), followed by Home & Clock, and look for the Home Cards feature on the list. From this menu, you can choose which cards you’d like to see and how you’d like them displayed (continuously or based on notifications).
Nighttime Mode dims the display of your Echo Show and filters out the notifications so that it won’t bother you (You could be sleeping or engaging in another bedroom activity, who knows?). Nighttime Mode is activated from the Home & Clock menu.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have more questions about your Echo Show, keep reading!
How do I make my photos full screen on the Echo Show?
You may notice that some photos are full screen and others show a smaller image with blurred edges. Fortunately, you can fix this and you don’t need the Alexa app to do it. Head over to your Echo Show device and follow these steps:
1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap on the Settings cog.
2. Tap on Display.
3. Tap on Photo Slideshow.
4. Tap on Cropping.
Now you can choose No Cropping, Smart Cropping, or Crop All.
How do I add photos from my phone?
If you’ve removed the unwanted photos and want to add new ones, follow these steps:
1. Open the Alexa App and tap on Devices. Then, tap on Echo & Alexa.
2. Tap on your Echo Show device. Then, scroll down to the Photos option.
3. Tap on Uploaded Photos.
4. Tap the + sign and add the photos from your camera roll.
Now, you can select photos from your phone’s camera roll.
Personalizing Your Echo Show
As you can see, personalizing an Echo Show device is fairly simple and straightforward. Choose the clock display, the background photo, the desired Home Cards, the way you want them displayed, and toggle Nighttime Mode on or off for the ideal Echo Show user experience.
How have you personalized your Echo Show experience? Which are your favorite Home Cards? Have you experienced any problems along the way? Share with the community in the comments section below.